Monday, May 23, 2011

Where there is Smoke is there Fire?

Sunday morning about 3AM I was rudely awaken out of a dead sleep. At first I was unsure what woke me up and I was very annoyed that I was no longer asleep and then I heard the noise again. Very confused about what I was hearing at first, I am never my best that early, I finally identified the noise. It was the distinct beep the fire alarm makes when the batteries are going dead.

I nudge The BF and told him he needs to make the noise stop. He rudely told me to just ignore it, he is never at his kindness that early, and rolled over to go back to sleep. I nudged him again and tell him I can’t go back to sleep because the alarm woke me up. So The BF realizing if I don’t get back to sleep he wont get to go back to sleep either, gets up and shuts the bedroom door. Which actually helped and we both went back to sleep.

The next morning as The BF changed the batteries I started to wonder why do the batteries only go dead at 3AM? The never start beeping at say 7PM when every one is a wake and it’s more convenient to change the battery. Instead its at an inconvenient hour when in your groogy state of mind you rip the fire alarm down, vainly search for some batteries which you can never find when you need then but are always in your way when you don’t need them. Then in a fit of exhaustion and frustration you hide it in the basement under a pile of old blankets so that you can go back to sleep. You tell yourself tomorrow you will replace the batteries and put the alarm back in place but then it becomes one of those out of sight out of mind things and 6 months later you find it when you decide to do some spring cleaning but you still can't find any batteries.

Or maybe that’s just me.

1 comment:

  1. Its not just you. They always go off at night. Its a sick universe joke.

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...