Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Shocked, Stretched and Cracked

Recently I noticed that I'm not moving as fast as I use to and my body, especially my neck and shoulders, hurt. So I decided to go see a chiropractor. After listening to my mom and sister go on and on about their chiropractor I decided to go see him. Apparently once someone puts a degree on the wall you will let them do whatever they want no questions asked.

First after a consultation, I laid on my stomach while he ran electrical currents through my upper back. Now after 30+ years of not playing with electricity because its dangerous, I am now apparently willing to let some man I just meet hook me up to electrodes and run currents through my body. I apparently have not been listening to my mother very well all these years.

After that he hooked me up to a machine that stretched me. Yes I said stretched. I am not Elesta girl from the Incredibles. I do not stretch!!! Although to be honest at 5'1" I am willing to try anything that sounds like it will make me taller. And you would think its not a big deal after I wear 4 inch heels frequently but wholly hell that fucking machine hurt. I am moving on to the next get tall scheme I can find.

And finally I let this man I just meet crack my back. This is something that has always made me nervous. Maybe I have been watching to much TV, read to many junk emails or just listening to one to many urban legends. But I have this abnormal fear that I am going to go to a chiropractor and he will break my back trying to fix it. But I laid their calmly why he pushed twisted and pulled on me.

I'm not sure if this means I am maturing or going senile.

1 comment:

  1. I went to a chiropractor after my car accident that cause my scoliosis. When i went in i had upper back pain that i was hoping he'd get rid of. When i left, I had chronic lower back pain. I hate chiropractors. They freak me out and I will never go to one.

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...