Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Everything I Learned I Learned From My Ex-Boyfriends

Last Sunday while I was watching FOOTBALL and cheering for my Cincinnati Bengals, it was brought to my attention that it is a little odd that I am such a fan of the Bengals. After all they are not a huge franchise and they are an East Coast team not widely popular in the West. So I started to think(as with all things I do this can be a very dangerous under taking) why do I like the Bengals so very very much. And after a little soul searching I realized I liked them because I had a boyfriend that loved the Bengals (after all he was from Ohio). So then I started wondering what else have I learned to appreciate and love due to past boyfriends.

Here is a partial list:

Jeff #1: Billy Idol. Previous to Jeff #1 I liked Billy Idol but Jeff #1 loved all things Billy Idol and in turn to this day when I hear Billy Idol I sing along surprised I still know all the words.

Aaron: Pop Rock. At the time I meet Aaron I was listening to all heavy all rock all the time. Aaron liked a more mellow approach to music and I learned that not all music needs to be head banger worth to be good music.

Bryon #1: "Stupid" Movies. Bryon taught me to love classic "stupid" movies such as Caddy Shack, Blazing Saddles, Young Frankenstein, Stripes and many many more. Some Movies no matter how old are always funny.

Chris: Board Games. Chris loved board games. I don’t know why but we would spent hours playing games especially Trivial Pursuit. I discovered I am really good at board games and really like them.

Jeff #2: Karaoke. Yes that right Karaoke!!!! Jeff #2 liked singing karaoke. He also liked getting drunk but the two were not mutually exclusive. get a couple of drinks in me and I will still sing karaoke.

Brian #2: Video Games. Specifically Grand Theft Auto, at the time Brian #2 was in my life I had won a Playstation 2 and with some games. One was Grand Theft Auto. Brian #2 taught me to play the game. I was never any good but it was fun.

Robert: Cincinnati Bengals. Yup Robert was the one who loved the Bengals. Everything was about the Bengals with Robert.

This is not the complete list of old boyfriends unfortunately but these are the things that have stuck with me over the years.

So thank you Jeff #1, Aaron, Bryon #1, Chris, Jeff #2, Brian #2 and Robert.

The question remains what I will learn to love and appreciate from the new BF...no idea. I know what he would like it to be The Great Outdoors. Only time will tell.

2 comments:

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...