Thursday, March 24, 2011

I've Matured...or Maybe Not

Recently I decided to downsize!!! After all I am moving in with The BF (honestly I just enjoy saying that over and over) and when ever I move I try and take the opportunity to get rid of stuff I know longer need/use. In fact I get immense satisfaction from tossing stuff. Whether it’s the empty ketchup bottle or the pants I am to skinny for it all brings me a weird since of accomplishment.

Except for books, I loath to throw out any book I own. For some reason it cause me anxiety. I don't understand why it does nor do I care why it does, that is a topic I have yet to talk about in therapy. So I just keep every book I have ever owned.

Then I decided to do something that will shock everyone who knows me.

I am went through all the books I own and donated 47 books to the library!!!

That's right mom I am willingly giving up books.

I know you are shocked, amazed and proud.

Okay to be completely honest I haven't donated the books yet.

But I have picked the 47 books I plan on donating to the library.

And that is practically the same thing as donating them.

2 comments:

  1. What books did you choose to donate. I've gotten better at taking books to DI. I still have way too many books but Bruce is more of a book hoarder than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take mine to the library. Every year they have a book sale of all the donated books as a funraiser. And since my library buys a lot of books I ask them to buy I feel this is a good way to give back. Plus I buy books at the sale.

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...