Wednesday, July 6, 2011

And She is Doing Fine

I think there is more wrong with my mom than planters fasciitis. I am wondering if I can suggest to the surgery that we do a little exploratory surgery on her brain while they have her under the knife. Serious I think she has been taken over by aliens like in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (I am sitting here trying to remember how they defeat the aliens in the classic movie...if you remember let me know. It’s driving me crazy).

After I agonized over the color to paint her toenails and deciding that I need some new colors one special for mom (and 3 new ones for me), mom decided that she wanted me to paint her finger nails also. WHAT????? Once upon a time this was my mom...briefly, but not in the last 20+ years. So the only answer is of course an alien drone.

Then this morning while she was getting prepped for surgery and I was a little stressed that I was at work and not there (see I am a kick ass daughter), I get a text from her saying "My nail polish matches my hospital gown." Are you for real??? Who are you and what have you done with my mom? We did choose a nice blue color that probably would match her hospital gown but I choose it because she likes the color blue. It’s very strange that she would notice and text me about the color.

But mostly its very concerning to me that in some weird way I am a little like my mom.

Or maybe she is becoming more like me!!!!

P.S. Mom is out of surgery and is doing good.

3 comments:

  1. Michael,
    One of the cards I sell says, "I'm not sure which scares me more, realizing I used to act just like my daughter or knowing I will soon act just like my mother." Sometimes the truth is so painful!

    abi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should get that for my sister...it will freak her out. lol.

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...