Friday, September 23, 2011

Am I Drowning or is This a Zombie Attack?

Last night I did something I rarely do, I put down the book I was reading (despite being at a very good part) and went to bed at a reasonable hour. Shocking I know. But I was tired and wanted to sleep. So off to bed I go.

And I was having one of those really good sleeps...the kind where you would not wake up if a high school marching band was practicing in the room. It was so wonderful until....

I am rudely woken up by a horrible dream. All I remember is that I was driving a car and it drove off an overpass into a lake. Luckily I woke up before my car filled with water.

Why would my subconscious to this to me? I really need sleep lots and lots of sleep but 2 hours before I need to be awake I am wide awake and very upset. Now I am all confused, am I suppose to learn something from this dream? Is my subconscious trying to tell me something? Is is some cosmic warning? Is it a message from the future me?

Then I realize I don't care what it means I was wide awake at 4:30 in the morning. I should have been asleep getting the last bit of REM sleep and beauty rest. But it’s because of the REM sleep that I was wide awake at 4:30 A.M. Is that irony?

I cant imagine what the dream means. I rarely remember my dreams. I can’t remember the last one I remembered...oh wait the one were my baby sister may or may not have gotten eaten by zombies because she didn't listen to me. I wonder what that one really meant. I think it was in retaliation that she had a dream and I got eaten but velociraptor.

I wonder if those Internet dream interrupters are accurate. Oh wait I still don't care because I am tired and would rather sleep than get some weird message from my subconscious.

Maybe I will just avoid driving my car over any bridges for a few days, just in case the future me is sending me a warning.

5 comments:

  1. Freaky, I had a similar dream last week. But, since I'm a Mythbusters fan, I just waited for the car to fill up and the pressure to equalize, and then I opened the door and swam to the surface. I was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, it was cool, not "I was cool", which I was too. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that does sound freaky!i hope for your sake it was neither!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i cannot stand dreams like these! good idea to stay off the bridge for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love analyzing dreams cause I'm totally into that voodoo hippie shit. Water in dreams is a consistent symbol for emotions. Either you have emotions that your subconscious is sorting though or you were just carrying emotions over from the book you was reading.

    Also, do you remember if the water was clear or murky? Dreammood.com says "To dream that you are diving into clear water indicates that you have overcome your obstacles and setbacks. You have a new sense of confidence. Things are looking up. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are trying to get to the bottom of a current situation or the root of your problems or feelings. It may also refer exploration of your unconscious."

    I know that's not really a great source, but it's the only one I have right now.

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...