Sunday, November 6, 2011

Its What's For Dinner

I made my first meal that included items form my bountiful basket!!! I am so impressed. I really enjoyed it so did The BF and the 13yr old "pseudo" step-son. The the 6yr old "pseudo" step-daughter and the 13yr old "pseudo" step-son friend* did not like it.

All morning I pondered what will I make. I knew I would not be cooking the fennel but I had all this other good stuff and a fridge and freezer full of stuff.

Then out of the blue it came to me. I am not sure if I saw a recipe somewhere but I had a vision of what I wanted to cook.

I rarely share recipes and I really don't have one but here is what I did.

  1. Cut 2 small zucchinis, 1 med yellow onion, I red pepper and half a head of cabbage. (Bold items from my Basket)
  2. Crush 2 cloves of garlic.
  3. Place in large skillet with a little olive oil.
  4. Add 2 cups frozen corn and 1 cup frozen shredded carrots (from my garden).
  5. Sprinkle a few red pepper flakes, teaspoon of sugar and fresh ground salt and pepper.
  6. Cook on medium heat until corn and carrots defrost.
  7. Cook on med high heat.
  8. You know its done when the vegetables start to turn brown.
 Add a little lemon pepper chicken baked in the oven and dinner is served.

I would like to thank all the women in my life that have taught me to cook, shared recipes or inspired me.

I would also like to thank the millions of cooking shows I have watched on the Public TV channel and Food Network.


*Although he was very polite about it and complimented the parts he did like and pretending to be full insteaded of complaining.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I like to cook I just don't like the mess I make that I have to clean up. Plus dinner time is when the girls go crazy so its either stop them from hurting each other or chop up the veggies.

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...