All morning I pondered what will I make. I knew I would not be cooking the fennel but I had all this other good stuff and a fridge and freezer full of stuff.
Then out of the blue it came to me. I am not sure if I saw a recipe somewhere but I had a vision of what I wanted to cook.
I rarely share recipes and I really don't have one but here is what I did.
- Cut 2 small zucchinis, 1 med yellow onion, I red pepper and half a head of cabbage. (Bold items from my Basket)
- Crush 2 cloves of garlic.
- Place in large skillet with a little olive oil.
- Add 2 cups frozen corn and 1 cup frozen shredded carrots (from my garden).
- Sprinkle a few red pepper flakes, teaspoon of sugar and fresh ground salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat until corn and carrots defrost.
- Cook on med high heat.
- You know its done when the vegetables start to turn brown.
I would like to thank all the women in my life that have taught me to cook, shared recipes or inspired me.
I would also like to thank the millions of cooking shows I have watched on the Public TV channel and Food Network.
*Although he was very polite about it and complimented the parts he did like and pretending to be full insteaded of complaining.