Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Time to Get Going

I haven't been blogging a lot lately due to the horrible cold I have been fighting. I would go home from work take some Nyquil, go to sleep, wake up, eat, take more Nyquil, go back to sleep....wake up, go to work and start the whole viscous cycle over again. I did this for 4 days.

But I don't want to talk about my tendency to over medicate myself.

I do want to talk about a bad habit I have of staring out the window and zoning out.

Do you do this?

Of course you do everyone does it periodically. But do you start wondering if other people have noticed you are zoned out and worry they are about to ask you what you are thinking about. And since you are really in a zone and not thinking about anything you worry that will ruin your reputation, although how that would do it you are not sure.

You try and think of relevant topics of the day so you can appear to be a deep complex person but your mind goes blank and you start to ponder philosophical topics but all you can think about is what is in you cue on Netflix.

You become a bit sad because once upon as time (back more years than you want to admit) you always knew the topics of the day and could participate in a lively debate. Now your mind is full of the ever long list that keeps going and going.

And then it hits you that you are turning 37 this year and your a little shocked how tired you are every night at 10:30PM.

You pull yourself out of your reverie because you just remembered 3 things to add to your list and you need to write them down before you forget.

This is how my morning has been...How is yours?

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...