Friday, April 20, 2012

Why I Blog

Recently I had a discussion with a friend about why I started blogging.

I use to be a blogging snob. As in I turned my nose up at people who blogged. I know I wasn't very nice and I have since changed my mind... obviously. I am know addicted to reading blogs and writing my own blogs.

So why did I change?

Well it happened slowly I starting reading a few blogs and  really liked them. I followed them religiously...devoting a small amount of my day to them, every day.

Then one day when I was in the midst of telling a rather bizarre thing that had happened to me a friend said...you need to write this stuff down so you can share it with the world.

So I started a A Girl Named Michael.

And at first it was just about sharing my funny stories with friends and family....I bet you can relate to this part of the story. Isn't that why a lot of us have started blogs.

Its been almost 2 years since I started my blog and recently I realized I now blog because I cant afford therapy.

I know I need therapy and I'm to cheap (not really but I would just rather buy shoes) to pay for it. So now I share all the crazy in my head with you in the hopes that when I really need you will share your wisdom and thoughts to guide me through my life.

The BF would like to thank you all in advance for helping me be less crazy.

7 comments:

  1. MJ, you're not the only one that blogs for those reasons... it's great therapy (for me too) to get it all out and let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MJ, you have the world with you, virtually. It's definitely great therapy to share. Most personality disorders happen because of bottled up feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing is a therapeutic thing for a lot of people, and I think it's a great reason to blog! Not only can you work through your own thoughts and issues, you are helping and connecting with your readers at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is the best way to work through your issue and share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I know I need therapy and I'm to cheap (not really but I would just rather buy shoes) to pay for it."

    That is such a funny line!

    Seriously, though, I get a lot of comfort and companionship from the lovely folks I've met from blogging - such as you!

    Like you, my blog started as a fun way to share amusing stories with friends, but it has morphed into something else...

    ~Tui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tui. The support you get online is awesome. I dont even mind the criticism from some because I know its coming from a place of support.

      Delete
  6. Tell the BF "you're welcome!" :-)

    I know one thing is this: the people I have met online through blogging, such as yourself, have just been a tremendous upside to all the time I spend online!

    Keep on bloggin' my dear!

    ~Kesha

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...