Thursday, June 21, 2012

Road Trip

Today The BF and I are going to set off on our grand adventure vacation!!!!

That sentence makes me laugh...grand adventure!!! That's funny!!! We are going on a vacation just the two of us...How romantic right?

HAHAHAHAH...romantic!!! That's funny too.

What ever kind of vacation it will be it relaxing....I hope.

You see we are going to Steamboat Colorado, since we live in Utah, we decided to drive the 8 hours there instead of flying.

The BF and I have been on 2 other road trips and both times the vacation was great....the road trip not so much. It appears we don't travel well together.

The first we drove my little red car (it gets kick ass gas mileage) and besides not being comfortable I insisted I drive most the way (hello control issues). I am not a relaxed driver (8 car wrecks) I am anxious and nervous and kept yelling at The BF when ever he would touch the radio.

The 2nd time we took The BFs truck and he drove...the problem was that we were travelling to a remote location in south eastern Utah and we got LOST!!! And argued about being lost.

This time we have made changes in our travel plans....The BF is driving in the truck, he knows exactly how to get there, and I have 1 new magazine, a new hard back book to read, and about 17 unread books on my kindle!!!! I am essentially letting go of any control I have on getting to our destination.

This is not going to be easy for me. I am huge control issues....HUGE...Serious I am HUGE control freak. I often think if people would do what I want when and how I tell them to they and I would be so much happier. I have learned over the years that I can not control other people (their loss).

I really need to relax...oh yeah that's why we are going on vacation.

Wish me luck!!!!

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...