Even better the mechanics were able to rebuild my engine instead of replacing the whole thing, saving me a little money.
And even though it has cost me a pretty pretty penny or 299,202 pennies to be exact but it is fixed and to be honest running better than it use to run.
So I am looking at the positive now.
My car is a 2005 model and only had basic upkeep...oil changes and new tires so it probably needed a lot of things replaced sooner rather than later. And while it would have been economically easier to to have them fixed one at a time my car would have been in the shop a lot and that would have been frustrating to me. This way its all done at once and while I was on vacation.
Now I have been thinking my brakes are still good but maybe I should look at replacing them...they are not new and probably the next thing to need replacing.
Here is the list of what needed to be replaced and or fixed.
- Spark Plugs (The BF had offered to replace this for me, I just had not bought new ones)
- Spark Plug Wires
- Serpentine Belt (This actually needed to be replaced sooner rather than later)
- Water Pump
- Cheveron Dexcool Antifreeze
- Head Gasket Set
- Head Bold Set
- Timing Belt Set
- Intake Valves
- Exhaust Valves
- Red Label Valves and Guides
- Valve Guides
- Cylinder Head Rebuild
- Install and Size 8 Exhaust Valve Guide
- WIX Protec Oil Filter
- Oil Change (which was over due by a few 100 miles)