Monday, October 8, 2012

Its All About the Muffins

Mornings are not my favorite time of the day. I am barely functionally and no matter how early I go to bed I have a hard time getting up...I usually hit the snooze button at least 3 times.

With this being my M.O. you can imagine that breakfast is usually something fast that I can grab on my way out the door. This usually means it is less than healthy and full of sugar. Until I discovered that I can make a bunch of muffins and freeze them.

(I am thinking of experimenting with other pre-made breakfast foods but so far have stuck with muffins.)

I already shared my Pineapple Zucchini Muffins so today I am sharing 2 other popular (I have no idea if anyone else will like these but my family does) muffins.

Oatmeal Apple Muffins 

  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup flax seed
  • 1 cup uncooked rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup raw honey
  • 1 tablespoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger root
  • 2 apples, cored and chopped.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Mix eggs, milk and olive oil.

3. Stir in flour, flax seed, oats, honey, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger root. Carefully add in apples.


4. Spoon into lined muffins tin.

5. Bake for 15 minutes.


Banana Oatmeal Muffins

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup raw honey
  • 5 cups uncooked rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup ground flax seed
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 3 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt (I never measure the salt I just get the grinder and twist it 3 times and call it good)
  • 2 cups 1% milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Mix egg, vanilla, applesauce, bananas, and honey.

3. Add oats, flax seed, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix and slowly add in milk.

4. Spoon into lined muffin pan and bake for 30 minutes.




Now you officially know what I eat for breakfast Monday through Friday. And knowing is half the battle...G.I. Joe.

Sorry had a brief moment there.

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...