This morning I had another issue with my car. I don't think its a bad car just a cheap car that is approaching 100,000 miles and I am pretty sure it was never suppose to get that many miles, so there are all these little things that are starting to go wrong.
Today my car would not start...when I tried to start it all I got was a lot of click click click noises. Not being as car savvy as I should be, I called a lot of people to figure out 1. Why my car was not running? 2. How am I getting to work and getting the "pseudo" step-kids to their summer program? 3. How will I get home from work? 4. How much will it cost me to fix whatever is wrong with my car?
Luckily my brother works close by my house so he took a few minutes over and determined I needed a new battery, which was not surprising my car still had the original battery and its a 2005. But during the course of all my calling I had the following conversation with my mom.
- Me: Can The BF change the battery when he gets home or is this something I have to have done at shop?
- My Mom: He can do it. You could even do it.
- Me: I couldn't do it.
- My Mom: Yes you could. I could do it. You just unhook it and put then put the new one in.
- Me: I could't do it.
- My Mom: Michael, you could do it, its easy.
- Me: Mom that's why I have sex with The BF so he will do these kinds of things for me.
Later that day after going to buy a new battery I had the following conversation with The BF.
- Me: Honey thank you for taking out my battery and going with me to get a new one and replacing it. I really apperciate you doing all this for me.
- The BF: The things I do to get laid.