Saturday, August 24, 2013

Abandon...What Does it Mean to You?

a·ban·don
tr.v. a·ban·doneda·ban·don·inga·ban·dons
1. To withdraw one's support or help from, especially in spite of duty, allegiance, or responsibility; desert.
2. To give up by leaving or ceasing to operate or inhabit, especially as a result of danger or other impending threat.
3. To surrender one's claim to, right to, or interest in; give up entirely.
4. To cease trying to continue; desist from.
5. To yield (oneself) completely, as to emotion.
n.
1. Unbounded enthusiasm; exuberance.
2. A complete surrender of inhibitions.

The word Abandon really fits my mood lately especially the to surrender one's claim to, right to, or interest in; give up entirely part of the word.

I am in the funk of all funks and while I still laugh and get out of bed every day I have a blah attitude about things. I am withdrawn and moody, is this some odd parallel university where instead of maturing I start acting like a teenager. If that is what is going on then I better start seeing a reversal of some of these fine lines around my eyes.

I think part of the problem is my mind is so cluttered right now that I can't focus on anything and just decided to throw my hands in the air giving up on everything. Is that a normal reaction to do much stuff going on in my mind?  I feel like I can't organize it all my ideas and they are just hanging around taunting me.

Its not just writing ideas, its craft ideas, and work projects and family events. Everything is a mess and I would love to walk away from it all. I can't even focus on one book to finish it. In the last week I have started 6 different books and despite them all being good I have given up on them all.

I really need to figure this all out and soon because I would much rather be living life with unbounded enthusiasm; exuberance instead of cease trying to continue; desist from life.


This inspiration for this post came from Story Dam. Please check out this wonderful site for writers by writers. 

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...