Sunday, November 24, 2013

Even More Breakfasts on the Go: Pumpkin and Apple Muffins

As I have mentioned several times we are a hurry up and go in the morning family. I also have a LOT of pumpkin puree in my freezer. So its no surprise that I am making another pumpkin muffin recipe...this time I am using some apples I just happen to have hanging around.

I didn't want to like this recipe, I am not a fan of cooking with apples...to much work involved. Cutting, peeling and coring...ugh. I am a dump it all together without doing anything else kind of girl but the smell alone was enough to convenience me to make this muffins again. The after I tried one....so very very good.

Pumpkin and Apple Muffin

  • 1.5 cups all purpose flour
  • 1.5 cups quick cook oatmeal
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp cloves
  • 1/2 nutmeg
  • 1.5 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 TBSP ground flax seed
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1/2 applesauce
  • 1/2 cup honey 
  • 2 apples chopped and peeled
Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix flour, oatmeal, ginger, cinnamon cloves, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, salt thoroughly and set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl mix brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin puree, oil, applesauce, honey and apples. 
  4. Add "wet" ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well.
  5. Fill lined muffins tin 3/4 full.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
This recipe made 24 muffins

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...