Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Sky is Falling

I like to think of myself as a strong independent woman. I think that this means I am able to shoulder my responsibilities and I support my friends and families by letting them lean on me when they have times of crisis. I also think being a strong independent woman means that I lean on the people in my life when I need to do so. I use them as my support and sounding board. Recently my parents hit a wall and instead of making chooses and planning a way over around or through the wall they stopped functioning. When asked what are you going to do my mother said "I'm letting Michael deal with this." When did I become the fixer/saver. I didn't ask to be put in charge and my life is enough of a mess that I don't want it. I release that they need help but I'm frustrated that the whole thing was dropped in my lap. I want to help them make decisions not make the decisions for them. I'm lucky that I have great friends and family that are helping me shoulder the responsibility.

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...