Monday, April 4, 2011

Old friends are the Best!

Saturday while on a major retail binge with friends, I ran into another friend at the book store. I was quite shocked and surprised to see her. Not because we were both in the book store, cause I am always in the book store, but because neither one of us live in the city. Okay I live there on weekend and will soon be living there but she lives in Idaho and so I was shocked to see her.

She was shopping with her mom and kids. I was on my own getting the last bargains before they close my favorite book store. I was just about to check out when I see my friend. My instinct was to run up and hug her but there is always that small chance that the person I saw was my friend’s evil doppelganger and so instead I called out her name and when she turned around I then walked over and hugged her. We talked for just a minute (and she has cute kids) and both talked about getting coffee the next time she is in town.

Later that night I got this message from her on Facebook:
So good to see you today! You are beautiful and I love your smile! I can't wait to get together for coffee!

I have been on a high ever since. I am not sure what to write back to her I want to say something equally uplifting and personal but I am not always good with stuff like that. I am excited to be able to get together for coffee.

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...