Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Own Private Highway to Hell

I once had a college roommate ask if I was going to use my powers for good or evil after yesterday I think that question has finally been answered.

Yesterday evening I need to stop by the local mega store, as I was circling the parking lot looking for the closest space to the door a thought came to mind: I wish my mom was here so I could use her handicap placard so I can get a really good space. I would like to say this is the first time I have had this thought but its not. Often and I mean often I wish my mom was with me when I go shopping so I can get a good parking space.

But yesterday I hit an all time low. I went beyond wishing she was with me, I started wishing she had left her placard in my car so I could park in a good spot. But then I took it one step further....for a brief split second I considered going to my mom’s house and getting her placard. I then imagined the following conversation:
  • Me: Hey Mom I am in your parking lot!
  • Mom: Why are you calling just come in?
  • Me: I need a favor.
  • Mom: What?
  • Me: Can I borrow your handicap sign?
  • Mom: Why?
  • Me: I am tired and there is no good parking at the store.
  • Mom: (hesitatingly) I guess.
  • Me: Can you bring it out to me?
Yup in my imagined conversation I wanted my mother, who is currently in need of a hip and knee replacement not to mention suffering from planters fasciitis, to walk from her apartment to my car so I would have a good parking space.

I am happy to say that none of this occurred. I finally just picked a parking spot and went into the store. However I am positive of two things 1. I am the laziest/most selfish person I know and 2. I am well on my way to joining the dark side.

Some would say it was only a matter of time. 

3 comments:

  1. It's ok, we have cookies over here on the dark side... you can join us at any time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, you're not the only one on the way to the dark side :/ There is a support group called Almost There and we meet on Wednesdays :) No there isn't, that I know of, but perhaps someone should start one LOL I like cookies to :(

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...