As I am sure you know I survived my appendix rupturing and my emergency surgery and other than being tired all the time I am doint well. Today I would like to take the time to wonder how it is anyone can recover t in a hospital.
Dont get me wrong the hospital staff was awesome and they took very good care of me except I couldnt get any rest in the place. I am a girl that recover quickly if I can get some sleep. I bet I could have left the next day if I could have sleep for 8 hours staright but no they dont allow that at hospitals.
Let me create a picture for you.....its 9PM and you are just starting to doze off when you hear this horrible noise. You look over and your sweet BF is snoring away!!!! But wait this is your hospital room if anyone is suppose to be snoring it should be you. You try to send him home but he wants to stay with you. But 10 minutes later he is snoring away again. So after taking a picture you beg him to leave so you can go to sleep.
Then just as you are falling asleep the following things happen:
- 10PM: Aide comes in to tell you she is leaving and to see if you need anything else.
- 10:30PM: Nurse comes in to get IV antibiotics ready to start at 11PM.
- 11PM: Nurse comes in to start IV antibiotics.
- Midnight: Nurse comes in to switch IV back to saline solution.
- 1AM: Nurse comes in to take vital signs to make sure I am not dead.
- 5AM: (I got about 2.5 hours of sleep) Lab tech comes in to take more blood.
- 7AM: Nurse comes in to take vitals to ensure I didnt die yet.
- 730AM: My liquid breakast arrives.