They just look at you sadly when you break your resolution the 1st week of the year.
So here is one of my 2012 "GOALS"
I am going to purge my books!!!!
What you say has the the world ended? Has a girl named Michael lost her mind? Is there a new world order?
All very good questions but no none of those things have happened (although to be honest its possible I lost my mind a LONG time ago).
My problem is to purge the 557 books I own (this does not include any of the books I have bought or received in the last 6 months nor the 50+ books on my kindle), I need to read the ones I haven't read yet. And I am betting that I have not read at least 200 of the books.
The big question is why do I have 200 books I haven't read? And the answer is I don't know why. I try not to ask questions that will cause me to think to hard but the hard truth is I am a book hoarder. And I have decided I am not going to hoard them any more so here is my plan.
- I am going to organize my books so I know what I have and don't accidentally buy repeats.
- I am not going to keep books that I don't like (weird I know but I do that).
- I am going to read the books I own and decide if I like them (this may take a year or two because I still have to read other books).
- I will pass on, toss or sell any books that I have had for over 7 years that I have not reread or thought about once I finished it.
- I will pass on, toss or sell any books that I started reading but didn't not finish for whatever reason.
- I will borrow more books from the library even if that means I have to be on a waiting list and I am not able to read the book for a month or two (this will save me money also).
You can find my review of the book on A Girl Named Michael Reads a Book.
I will share my other 2012 Goals as soon as I start working on them.
What goals did you set for 2012?