For me that moment came on Tuesday night when I stepped out of the bathroom after showering.
When I opened the door I noticed a few things:
- The light was on in the hallway
- My house was unusually quite
- The BF, "pseudo" step-daughter and the dogs were missing. (The cat had been in the bathroom with me).
This was not my first thought and if you are relate to me, a close friend or have spent any time reading my blog you are not surprised that my immediate thought wasn't normal.
My immediate thought ran more towards;
- Alien abduction (I don't believe in aliens)
- Michael Myers, from Halloween movies, type killer has kidnapped my family.
- Spontaneous combustion.
After I had my initial crazy thoughts my mind settled and I realized that everything was fine. That is when I started to question the choices I had made in my life. Not all the choices just the one that involved me watching every horror movie every made and reading all the suspense,horror/paranormal books. I was really beginning to regret those choice.
Now I am thinking I should have made more wholesome movie and book choices...things I could watch with my mom and books I can discuss with my grandma.
Is it to late to change?
Of course I am betting the damage is already done and my psyche is beyond repairable. Plus I did just get a new horror book on my Kindle...