After getting my diagnostic and then a cast I immediately went home and searched ways to help a broken bone heal on Google.
I got a lot of information and thought I would share...in case you one day need this information.
- No drinking. I can do that, I like a glass of wine or a cocktail but if it means my hand heals faster I am willing to give it up until it heals.
- No smoking. I don't smoke so no problem here.
- Eliminate caffeine. WTH!!!! I don't think so...the world is not ready for me and no caffeine.
- Eat a balanced diet that includes the recommended amount of calcium. Not a problem I like calcium rich foods and not just the good ones like ice cream.
- Follow doctor’s orders concerning your treatment plan. Easy enough he said don't use my hand and then he put a cast on it so I can't use it.
- Don’t overdo! Not easy for me but hey if I need to lie around to get better its a sacrifice I am willing to make.
- Stay happy! I am a happy person...except for this last week I have been all melancholy but that is only because I hate limitations I am working it out.
- Take prescribed pain medications when you need them. Hey I didn't get any pain medication..no fair.
- Do something for someone else. Hello Victim Advocate!!!!
- Bless others by opening your heart to receive their help. I have no problem asking for help. I'm 5'1" I can never reach anything and have had to ask people for help my whole life.