Friday, July 27, 2012

A Day Like Any Other?

Before I begin this story I want you to know that every thing is okay. No one was harmed in the making of this story.

That's a dramatic start isn't it.

Yesterday started out like any other day. Nothing out of the ordinary...everything was right as rain despite not having any rain for weeks.

Then I received a test from my mom saying my nephew and niece were missing and that they had been missing for a few hours. At first I was very confused. How could they be missing? That just didn't make sense in my mind. As soon as I was able to I called my mom for clarification because she must be wrong they cant be missing.

But she was correct they were in fact missing...last known to be at the park.

I was just sitting in my car distraught and unsure of what do we do next...so I waited. I text my brother and told him to let me know if you need me but still I sat in my car.

Eventually the kids were found unharmed and fine. They didn't even know they were missing, they went to a friends house without permission.

Before I know they were okay my mind went to that bad place.

That place were I store all the horrific things I see and hear because of the nature of my job.

I know how evil people can be to children.

I know in detail what happens to kids who are missing.

I make a big effort to store that stuff in a locked box in my mind.

I try to focus on the good and the people I help.

Its not always easy but you have to do that to stay sane.

And today I am very thankful that they were being normal kids and just went some where with out telling.

I know they probably got in some trouble but when I see them this weekend I am going to have a conversation about doing things that may cause Aunt Michael to get a wrinkle and how I that is never good.

Please hug the kids in your life today.

4 comments:

  1. This caused alot of silent panic on my part too. I was praying so hard and I could bearly call my kids and ask them to pray also . The amount of relief was as tence as the prayers for help as were the prayers of grtutude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We very much appreciate the prayers

      Delete
  2. I'm glad everything is ok. Sadly I know that exact feeling. My nieces and nephews were missing for a while once because of custody issue. I was actualy the one to drive around and I found them and was able to pass on their local to the parent that was supposed to have custody. Everything is ok now with them too. But it is a really aweful feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Custody issues are scary...I am glad that they were ok.

      Delete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...