Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I Am Not Eating That

I rarely eat dinner on Wednesday nights.

That is not completely true...I eat dinner just not usually at home.

I use to eat dinner with my family every night and try to engage in conversation about everyone's day. The rule was we had to eat dinner together and no TV or cell phones (the last one is really hard for me).
This weeks menu

But about 2 months ago I started skipping Wednesday night dinners...here is what happened.

2 months ago I decided we need a weekly menu. And this was one of my better ideas for the following reasons.
  1. The BF and I no longer fight about who is cooking dinner.
  2. There is no longer any scrambling on whats for dinner.
  3. By planning ahead I can introduce new recipes to my family.
  4. Once a week grocery shopping.
Its truly wonderful.

Except for one little part...in my infinite wisdom I decided that it would be good for the 14 year old "pseudo" step-son should plan and prepare dinner on Wednesday night.

Do you see where I am going with this?

"Pseudo" step-son
"Some times he gets ambitious and goes all out but mostly we get hot dogs and mac n' cheese or hamburger helper. I hate hot dogs and hamburger helper. I like mac n' cheese unless its that box stuff then yuk.

I am sure I ate them when I was a kid but I am an adult and choose not to eat them whenever possible.

So now on Wednesday's instead of eating with my family I grab dinner on my commute home and then tell the family I had a big lunch and I am not hungry...I know this is wrong but I just cant seem to help myself.

Maybe I need to get him a cookbook for Christmas.

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...