Monday, January 21, 2013

We All Just Want to be Big Rock Stars

Recently I made the comment that I haven't given up on my dream of being a rock star.

I was having a silly moment and I laughed about it but part of me knew it was true. I do still want to be a rock star. Despite not being able to carry a tune and not being able to play an instrument and not being able to read music I still carry the hope that I will be a rock star.

This is something I have dreamed about since high school when I discovered girls can rock just as well as boys. In fact I wanted to be Lita Ford or Pat Benatar. Do you remember them? I do!!! They were just two of my inspirations. No bubble gum pop for me.

I didn't want to be a teacher or astronaut or lawyer. I wasn't (and I am still not) sure what I wanted to do but I was sure (and still am) I would make a kick ass rock star.

I was never sure how I was going to accomplish this dream and I never had a plan, it was just one of those day dreams I had.

And after I made that comment it was pointed out to me that there is a hint of that dream in my every day life.

  • Trendy asymmetrical messy hair cut.
  • Leather cuff bracelet I wear often and usually with my most conservative outfit.
  • Skull scarf, earrings, necklace, shirt, bracelet that are not always noticeable but often there.
  • Leather buckle "biker" boots that are my idea of snow boots.
  • Tattoos and piercing that only the lucky few get to see.
I am not sure what this all says about me. Or if it says anything at all. I don't think I will become a rock star and I am not wishing away my life for it to happen. I like to pretend that all this makes me a little edgy but I am sure it really doesn't. Maybe I am just A Girl Named Michael that loves music and wants to be part of it beyond singing really loud in my car.

What did you want to be when you were younger?

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...