I was having a silly moment and I laughed about it but part of me knew it was true. I do still want to be a rock star. Despite not being able to carry a tune and not being able to play an instrument and not being able to read music I still carry the hope that I will be a rock star.
This is something I have dreamed about since high school when I discovered girls can rock just as well as boys. In fact I wanted to be Lita Ford or Pat Benatar. Do you remember them? I do!!! They were just two of my inspirations. No bubble gum pop for me.
I didn't want to be a teacher or astronaut or lawyer. I wasn't (and I am still not) sure what I wanted to do but I was sure (and still am) I would make a kick ass rock star.
I was never sure how I was going to accomplish this dream and I never had a plan, it was just one of those day dreams I had.
And after I made that comment it was pointed out to me that there is a hint of that dream in my every day life.
- Trendy asymmetrical messy hair cut.
- Leather cuff bracelet I wear often and usually with my most conservative outfit.
- Skull scarf, earrings, necklace, shirt, bracelet that are not always noticeable but often there.
- Leather buckle "biker" boots that are my idea of snow boots.
- Tattoos and piercing that only the lucky few get to see.
What did you want to be when you were younger?