Yes, you read that right menu for TWO. This year its just The BF and me. The "pseudo" Step-Kids are with their mom (Ex-Wife/Friend) and I am not in the mood for all the cooking, cleaning and entertaining that comes with having a party.
The BF has come up with what he thinks is a great way to make it special...watch the game naked. Yup his contribution to today's events was to suggest we get butt naked (he did go get a few last minute items which was helpful). In fact he would like me to prepare all the food naked. To be honest he often suggests we just hang out naked when the kids are not here. I think most men are like that or at least I hope they are and its not just my guy.
I am not sure about the naked part but I am sure that I often over indulge eating all the food I prepare. So this year I am focusing on 4 recipes done in miniature form.
Cream Cheese and Sausage Dip
This is a super easy three ingredient recipe that tastes beyond good. I got this recipe from a friend who found it on the internet. I have no idea who to credit this recipe to but who ever you are you are my hero.
- 3 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 16 oz turkey breakfast sausage
- 2 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- Cook sausage in skillet
- Combine cooked sausage, cream cheese and tomatoes with green chilies in the slow cooker.
- Stirring occasionally let cream cheese soften.
Favorite Salsa Dip
This recipe I got from a college roommate (Thanks Amanda) and in one of my cousin's idea this is the best idea ever, Once again its easy peasy and only has two ingredients.
- Jar of your favorite salsa
- block of cream cheese
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature.
- Mix salsa and cream cheese together until blended well.
- Refrigerate till game time.
Because I am a lazy cook this is the easiest recipe.
- Bag of your favorite wings from the freezer section of your local grocery store.
- Cook 3-7 wings for each person according to the package directions.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
I happen to have a really good chocolate chip cookie recipe. Seriously its really good....This is not that recipe. This is an easy recipe that takes no effort. That's right I bought some refrigerated cookie dough. The kind that is already sectioned out so you just have to decided how many you want to bake. One day I will share my super delish Chocolate Chip cookie recipe...I promise. Until that day bake your cookies according to the package instructions.
I know I said 4 recipes but I am not sure the last 2 really count so as a bonus I am sharing a new idea I found just today. Since its the Superbowl we like to have some beer with our treats but this year to stay hydrate and to avoid a possible Monday morning hangover I have made some citrus water that's to Holistic Dad and his recipe.
- 2 Oranges
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Limes
- Cut all the fruit into round sections and then cut in half.
- Divide between 4 large mason jars or one large containers.
- With the handle of a wooden spoon press and twist the fruit. Don't mash just release some of the juices.
- Add ice until jar is full
- Fill jar with water and refrigerate until game time.