Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Busting Out All Over

I am in one of those reflective moods that cause me to ramble on and on about anything and everything..none of which is matters or is important but oh well that's the mood I am in and you get to suffer along with me.

A week or so ago I wrote about not being adventurous anymore and missing that part of me. While talking to a friend she asked me about that and if I was okay. I assured her I was okay but I was wondering when I changed and if I would ever be that girl again. My friend made the observation that that's what our 30's and 40's are for...taking care of our family and having that routine to raise well adjusted adventurous kids, pay the mortgage and all that stuff. It doesn't mean we don't have adventurous we just have more routine and less pick up and go adventures. 

She wondered if I am struggling with it because I am new to this part of life. I keep myself free to run wild for so long that now that I have finally "hitched my wagon" I am struggling with the the 'constraints". I often feel like I am on autopilot; get up, get ready, go to work, come home, cook dinner, have family time, get ready for bed, have alone time with your partner (sometimes), go to bed. That's my life in a nutshell. Sometimes we mix it up by having a sick kid or a vacation but even then its pretty much the same.  

I think what is making even more reflective is I am tired of winter. I want the snow to melt and to plant flowers and my vegetable garden. I have cabin fever/spring fever and I am ready to bust out the allergy pills so I can enjoy the great outdoors. 

I think I will read a book that takes place in a warm sunny climate to get me through the rest of the week. 


If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...