Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I'm Fat...Now What?

Last week I admitted I am obese (I keep saying it out loud so I don't forget) and that was my first step to getting healthy. Everyone was more than supportive and I want to thank you all for your encouraging. You have given me the courage to continue talking about my fat ass...like that was ever in question.

I wish I was as "fat" as I was at 17.
Today I am going to talk about a topic that I think most over weight people understand, Bad Habits. I am not fat because I don't know what I am suppose to do. I have read the books, articles and been lectured to by my Doctor. My sister The Health Nut is always encouraging me to move and eat healthy. ..if she read my blog she would probably bring over a green drink for me right now and want to go for a walk. My Baby sister is always encouraging me to eat green and organic foods.

But my bad habits always get in my way. I do good for a month or even 3 but then the bad day comes and all those habits I worked hard to eliminate come back and I am eating a package of cookies and drinking milk straight from the carton in my car in the grocery store parking lot...true story.

So this time around I am taking different approach to getting healthy...instead of changing all my bad habits over night I am picking one bad habit to stop and one good habit to start every week. That way if I slip up (trying to be positive here) I won't feel like I have screwed everything up (this is a thinking error I know) and finish off the package of cookies. I can just move forward. And in a spirit of accountability and honesty I am sharing my habit changes.

Last week:
  • Good Habit: Increase my water intake to 3 liters a day. Boy to I have to pee a lot.
  • Bad Habit: Don't add sugar to anything...like my coffee. Luckily I enjoy coffee enough to drink it black.
This week:
  • Good Habit: When at work get up and walk around every hour when possible
  • Bad Habit: No extra snacking...I am a horrible snacker if there is a bag of potato chips out I will get up several times to get a small handful. These calories add up fast.
Add in the commitment to eating healthy meals (I actually do pretty good a
t this when I want) and exercising I think its a good first step.

If you are thinking of getting healthy yourself please join me on myfitnesspal.com so we can encourage each other.


MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...