Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Big Fat F for Fat and a Slouchy L for Lazy

I haven't really talked much about my weight loss/get healthy journey recently and that is because I have not been doing so well. I have been indulging in some very bad habits.

I have been having a hard time and instead of clinging to my new habits I slipped back into those old comfortable easy ones...you know the ones that involve little movement and lots of sugary drinks. The habits that caused me to gain back some of the weight I lost.

I can look at this one of two ways: 1. I can indulge in the negative/defeatist self talk or 2. Embrace it as a learning moment and learn from it.

The first way is how I always looked at it in the past, always telling myself how bad I am at self discipline/self control. But this time around I am going to get back on the treadmill and stop drinking beverages that are full of sugar.

Of course this means I have to start everything all over again. the good news is I didn't gain all the weight back so I am not starting from scratch but I have to start working on my new healthy habits again.

This weeks goal

  • Good Habit: Increase my water intake -I like water (not as much as soda obviously) and I am on a spending diet (more on this later) so no more soda when I can get water for free
  • Bad Habit: No snacking - I am hoping this will be easy especially since I am on a spending diet and will not be buying snack foods.

Wish me luck!

What are your healthy life style goals for the week?

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...