So I am always trying to find a new prepare in advance breakfast for the two of us that isn't full of sugar and is moderately good for us.
With that in mind I was searching through my recipes and came across a hand written recipe that I have no idea where it came from but its in my hand writing so I decided to do a little baking and try the recipe...after all I had all the ingredients in my pantry.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon, clove and nutmeg*
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 medium overripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- In a large bowl mix flour, oats, baking powder, flax seed, salt, and cinnamon, clove and nutmeg*
- Add the mixed dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and stir. In a separate bowl, smash bananas and mix in peanut butter and eggs. Then add brown sugar and milk. Stir until well blended.
- Fill greased or lined muffin pan with batter, these are not cupcakes you can fill them to the top.
- Bake 18 minutes at 375 degrees
- Let muffins cool completely. Place 2 in a freezer bag and freeze. Take out a bag the night before and you have breakfast for two.