And I guess compared to the life span of an oak tree it happened fast but in reality it was a slow courtship that happened over months...I just kept part of it to myself. After all I was talking and flirting with my friends ex-husband it was a weird situation at first.
Here is how it all happened.
- September 2, 2009: The BF texted me for the first time after getting my number from Ex-Wife/Friend.
- September 2009: - December 2009: Lots of texts and flirting. No phone conversations.
- January 2, 2010: - First phone conversation.
- January 8, 2010: Went on first date. Ended up at bookstore, this may be why there was a second date.
- January 17, 2010: Second date watching Football playoffs.
- January - March 2010: Starting hanging out every other weekend.
- March 2010: Meet the "pseudo" step-kids and families.
- May 2010: Spending every weekend together.
- June 2011: Moved in together.
- June 2011 - present: Living in dysfunctional family bliss.
My friend later amended her statement by saying it all seemed to happen fast.
I think it was the perfect length for us.
Did you have a long or short courtship?