Monday, October 28, 2013

Short Courtship? I Don't Think So

The other day a friend made the comment that whirl wind relationships like mine don't always turn out as well as mine. I gave her a blank stare and asked on what planet was my relationship a "whirl wind". She elaborated by saying it all happened so fast.

And I guess compared to the life span of an oak tree it happened fast but in reality it was a slow courtship that happened over months...I just kept part of it to myself. After all I was talking and flirting with my friends ex-husband it was a weird situation at first.

Here is how it all happened.
  1. September 2, 2009: The BF texted me for the first time after getting my number from Ex-Wife/Friend.
  2. September 2009: - December 2009: Lots of texts and flirting. No phone conversations.
  3. January 2, 2010: - First phone conversation.
  4. January 8, 2010:  Went on first date. Ended up at bookstore, this may be why there was a second date.
  5. January 17, 2010: Second date watching Football playoffs.
  6. January - March 2010: Starting hanging out every other weekend.
  7. March 2010: Meet the "pseudo" step-kids and families.
  8. May 2010: Spending every weekend together.
  9. June 2011: Moved in together.
  10. June 2011 - present: Living in dysfunctional family bliss.
No matter what you think about living together I know people who have dated, been engaged and married in less time then we decided to live together. It was 21 months before we moved in together. It wasn't really all that fast. At least not fast in Utah...the rest of the world may have longer courtships.

My friend later amended her statement by saying it all seemed to happen fast.

I think it was the perfect length for us.

Did you have a long or short courtship?

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...