Monday, November 4, 2013

My Eyes are Bigger than My Ambition

I have no idea what is wrong with me...I have serious issues. When I decide to do something I decide to go big. Crazy big. Out of this world big. Unnecessarily big....seriously who needs 47 cups of pumpkin puree?

I am clearly out of my mind.

It all started innocently enough. I wanted to make pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving, so I decided to make my own pumpkin puree. I figured one good sized pumpkin should be enough. I went out looking for discount pumpkins two days after Halloween. And boy did I luck out, I found pumpkins for free. So instead of getting one good sized pumpkins I got SIX. See I always go overboard.

So know I have 6 monster pumpkins and I decide to go ahead and make puree. I really didn't understand what I was getting myself into but heck I read a few blog posts on the subject and it didn't seem hard.

And it wasn't hard just very time consuming and messy. it is possible I made it messier than it really is but that is how I roll. And if I had stuck with my original plan, the 1 pumpkin, it probably wouldn't have been as time consuming.

Why do I feel this need to go big or go home. I am not even a big fan of pumpkin. I like pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin muffins and pumpkin lattes...its possible I do like pumpkin and I just don't know it. I don't like pumpkin pie which begs the question why am I making it for Thanksgiving?

I am asking a lot of questions but the answer to that one is easy my grandma told me to make them for Thanksgiving...not his year but many years ago and I have done it almost every year since.  When I don't do it my cousin does...then she started having babies in November and hasn't made them since. I think she kept giving birth to get out of making pies for Thanksgiving but that is an issue she and I will have to work out one day. 

So now because of a whim I have more pumpkin puree than I know what to do with and I am in desperate need for recipes. Please share your favorite recipe!!!

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...