Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Why Do I Now Have Writers Block...Again?

Last month I participated in the Ultimate Blog Challenge and didn't miss a single post, thinking I sailed through that easy peasy nice and easy I am signing up for NaBloPoMo, the blogger version of NaNoWriMo.

I was all excited and now I cant write. I have nothing at all. I really hate when this happens. I have all these half ideas bouncing around in my head and I can't put my finger on any of them to do anything with it. I feel like my head is a bouncy house.

I often wonder what this feeling is like for other people. That feeling when things are just beyond your reach in your own mind. I find it exasperating and exciting at the same time.

Exasperating because...well that is obvious I can't express myself. I stumble over my words, not just the written word by the spoken word. When this happens I get very tongue tied. I start stumbling over everything I say. Which get annoying fast. I think it has something to do with the frantic pace my life will all the sudden take.


My mind won't be calm and then I start talking faster and faster (which is pretty amazing since I am a really fast talker to begin with). In a desperate need to express myself one way or another I start talking really fast hoping that something will come tumbling out that will be brilliant. It never works. I just end up rambling on about nothing important. Even at work I can not explain simple things.

The only thing that helps is taking a deep breath and focusing. I block out all the random bizarre things bouncing around in my head and focus. It never lasts for long but luckily its long enough to complete the things I need to do at work but not much else.

Usually this block will last a few days and then I am back to normal...or at least what I call normal.

1 comment:

  1. Writers block is really annoying and a big problem when you blog about yourself like we do - sometimes nothing exciting is going on! The worst thing for me is the bad or meh ideas - I have half a dozen blog posts written that are fairly poor and not worth publishing because the ideas behind them isn't great, but I'll check them every now and then, just in case they can be tweaked into something hilarious (they can't)

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...