There are many ways yo be poisoned.
- You could ingest toxic chemicals.
- You could be bitten by a venomous spider or snake.
- You could be eating foods that are slowly poisoning you.
- You could have people in your life that are not good for you.
There are several times of "bad for you people":
- The first is the everything is the "anti-silver lining": No matter what happen its always bad. They get a promotion, they hate their job. They go on vacation but only talk about the dirty house they came home to. They get 97% on a test, it's not 100%. They find the one rain drop in the sky and its now a monsoon.
- Next comes "the my life is better". Congratulations you got engaged but your story isn't very romantic is it? Mine on the other hand was wildly romantic and better than any other story ever.
- My favorite is the "fun sucker": Similar to the anti-silver lining person, this person has the uncanny ability to take the most awesome amazing moment and drain every ounce of joy right out of it.
I am not advocating you go around only looking at puppies and rainbows...sometimes life is hard and sad but these people make it worse with their unsupportive and negative attitude.
Instead you should surround yourself with the following 4 types of people:
- The Helper: Protects you when you are vulnerable, and likewise your wealth, being a refuge when you are afraid, and in various tasks providing double what is requested.
- The Enduring Friend: Telling you secrets, guarding your own secrets closely, not abandoning you in misfortune, and even dying for you.
- The Mentor: Restraining you from wrongdoing, guiding you towards good actions, telling you what you ought to know, and showing you the path to productive life.
- The Compassionate Friend: Not rejoicing in your misfortune, delighting in your good fortune, preventing others from speaking ill of you, and encouraging others who praise your good qualities.
Who in your life can you be The Helper? The Enduring Friend? The Mentor? The Compassionate Friend?