Monday, September 19, 2011

Kick off your Sunday Shoes!!!

Today as I was driving home from work an oldie but goody song came on the radio. As I was cruising along and singing at the top of my lungs about how I need to cut loose, my mind started to wonder....well as much as I will let when barreling through the canyon at 65MPH.

As I wondered I realized I really wanted to start dancing, I mean how can you not when the song you are singing and listening to is all about dancing. But more specifically I wanted to dance like the final scene in Footloose (Whoa, I'm turning it loose). I wasn't sure I wanted to share with everyone that Kenny Loggins' Footloose makes me want to cut loose with my dancing shoes but I figure I cant be the only 30+ girl out their that wants to bust a move in her car just because a song from my childhood comes on the radio.

Of course that was until I realized that I often want to dance in my car. Or dance anywhere for that matter. They other day Pat Benatar's Love is a Battlefield came on the radio at work and I was shimming my shoulders like in the video. I want to do Michael Jackson's Thriller Dance and one day I know someone is going to say, "No body puts Baby in the corner." and dance off with me and the entire staff of some remote mountain retreat.

Okay maybe I am a little weird but just in case I am not please please please tell me the songs that make you want to dance. I don't want to be the only one who does this.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, "Thriller" definitely does it (much to my children's chagrin, especially when I do the zombie hands). I also get happy feet when I hear Queen's "Seaside Rendezvous" or Brian Setzer doing "Jump, Jive, and Wail."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely are not alone! There are many songs that make me want to dance, including footloose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets be honest I am always wanting to dance and if I cant dance I am singing or at least tapping my feet to the beat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it the songs from our childhood (ok, teenage years) make us want to dance more than a lot of songs now? I'm totally there with you on Footloose! So, is the remake going to have the same music? If so, are the theaters going to be full of middle-aged women dancing around?!

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...