Sunday, April 1, 2012

April's Goal

I did pretty well with January's goal. Going through my books to purge them is not easy for me but I did it.

I did so well I ended up purging clothes and scarves as well (after I wore them one more time).

But Aprils goal is going to be the toughest of them all. I may just give up now. I have tried it several times and every time I FAIL.

I have read a bunch of books about it. Listen to everyone's advice but no matter what I do I fail. But now I need to make a change for a very good reason...I want to live a very long life. Not really but I don want to have an active healthy life for however long I live.

Did I mention the endless and endless number of DVDs I have bought to exercise at home.

So in April I am going to start being active. Only this time I am going to start small instead of going all gang busters and hurting myself and then giving up. 

I hope this time I stick to it.

4 comments:

  1. I managed to get active by getting a dog. I didn't really want a dog but my husband did. He was like if we get a dog it will force us to walk. It worked for me (until I had a kid). I had a bunch of different routes mapped out in my neighborhood for how long I wanted to walk and such. The other thing that used to work for me was having a workout buddy. I couldn't back out when she was there waiting for me. Now I am faced with the challenge of how to work out with a kid in tow. I haven't figured that one out yet. AA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister asks me to babysit for her but I have another friend who joined a gym that has day care...it costs a little extra but she says less than getting day care. Its to bad your are in SLC and I am in Logan we could be workout buddies. In the past it has helped to have a person I text or call just to tell them I worked out and what I did.

      Delete
  2. I have found that a work out buddy has really helped me with my goal to start moving more. We started out in February and March going to a Zumba class 2 days a week and last week I started walking one day too. I think taking it slow and having someone else to keeping me going has really helped this time. Good luck its hard to start something when you feel like you have failed before. I have felt the same way, but maybe we have looked at it all wrong. Maybe all the other times were warm ups for this time or the next or when ever it finally get programed in enough for us to make it a good habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it. I think starting small is the way to go. I am currently trying to make diet changes. I know I need to make a lot of changes but I am starting small and doing one at a time.

    ReplyDelete

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...