Recently I have been having some freak outs about having a baby. Not because I cant but what if I do!!!
I know you are thinking, "Girl do you suffer from bipolar or some other illness?" No I don't and I am not worried about having a baby now....I am worried that when I am 48 I will end up pregnant. That some miracle will happen and Wham Bam thank you Ma'am you are turning 50 here's your infant.
Don't get me wrong I don't think 50 is old, I just don't want to be a the mother to a newborn at 50. This irrational fear has lead to the following conversation. (paraphrased of course and probably following into the category, of what my mom calls, my over sharing on my blog).
- Me: Honey I think you should get a vasectomy.
- The BF: WHAT??!!??
- Me: I think you should get a vasectomy.
- The BF: Why? I thought you couldn't get pregnant.
- Me: I cant but what if something weird happens and at 50 I get pregnant...I dont want a baby at 50 and you will be 54. Do you want that?
- The BF: (with a horrified expression) No!!!
- Me: See this is why you should get a vasectomy.
- The BF: Why cant you?
- Me: Because your procedure is cheaper with a faster recover. I promise to take days of off work to care for you. You don't have to decide today. I am just throwing it out there for you to think about.
- The BF: I don't want to think about it.
- Me: Just think about it, we can talk about it later.
- The BF: I dont want to .