The BF doesn't often make these kind of fun statement. To be honest he tends to pretend that the situation is different. When asked how we meet I think he tells people a friend introduced us. Unlike me who relishes in telling the the story he tends to skip over it.
But occasionally he says something that makes me laugh at our situation.
- The BF: What are you doing?
- Me: Making a dinner for Ex-Wife/friend.
- The BF: Again? Why?
- Me: Because I want to feed her.
- The BF: Serious, Why are we feeding my Ex-Wife every night?
- Me: She drove me to work on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. She didn't ask for gas money and one day she even bought me coffee. So this is how I am repaying her and thanking her.
- The BF: Really?
- Me: Yes, she likes when I feed her. So to her its a great way to give back.
These conversations make me realize how really unique and rare we live our lives.
I also realize how blessed it is...we don't always agree and get along but at least we can laugh at ourselves.