Sunday, November 10, 2013

More Breakfast on the Go: Pineapple Pumpkin Muffins

Have a mentioned I have a lot of pumpkin puree in my freezer?

Well I do.

Have I mentioned that we are not "morning people" at my house. Well The BF is but he gets up really early and often doesn't have a good breakfast.

So when I found a recipe for breakfast muffins that include muffins, I thought why not. When I realized I had all the ingredients to make it even with the changes I made, I thought hell ya.

They are super easy and super good.

Pineapple Pumpkin Muffins
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup oats
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 3 Tablespoon ground flax seed
  • 2 large egg
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 4 Tablespoons oil
  • 2 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, flax seed in a large bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, brown sugar, oil, pumpkin puree and pineapple.
  4. Add the "wet" ingredients to the "dry" ones. Stir until they are barely mixed together.
  5. Scope evenly into 24 lined muffins tins.
  6. Bake for 14 minutes.
  7. Cool and place in freezer bags, then freeze.

This recipe was inspired by Mother Rimmey's Cooking Light Done Right

If you like it share it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...